Since giving up refined sugars I have missed salted caramel and having read a few recipes and tried a few that didn’t quite hit the spot I’ve experimented and come up with one I’m really happy with. It’s not only very simple to make it also tastes delicious!
Dates are naturally very sweet and this doesn’t require any added sweetness at all. They are also rich in vitamins, minerals and fibre which aids gut health and the digestive system.
- 100g dried dates/Medjool dates (stoned)
- 100ml boiling water
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt
- Soak your dates in the boiling water for about 20 minutes or until they’re very soft.
- Drain but keep the left over date water.
- Add the dates and the vanilla to a blender or NutriBullet and pulse until your mixture forms a paste.
- At this point add some of the date water back in if it’s not loose enough to combine.
- Add sea salt to taste and blitz again.
- Eat as it is or add to porridge or puddings!
Share this Post