Avocado plus bacon is one of my most favourite flavour combinations. It works so well! This breakfast is comforting, healthy, satisfying and high in protein and good fats! Great as a post work out re-fuel.
“Eggs are a good choice as part of a healthy, balanced diet. As well as being a source of protein, they also contain vitamins and minerals. They can be part of a healthy meal that’s quick and easy to make.” (1)
- 1 slice of gluten free toast
- 1 ripe avocado
- 3 slices of streaky bacon
- 1 egg
- A squeeze of lemon
- Salt and pepper
- Cut your avocado in half and mash one half in a bowl with a fork. Add a squeeze of lemon and mash again. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Fry your bacon in a dry pan (you shouldn’t need additional oil for this) until crispy.
- Bring a pan of water to the boil, add a teaspoon of salt and reduce to a simmer. Swirl your water with a spoon and crack your egg into the middle of the pan. The water should swirl the egg into a ball and poach it perfectly. It will take about 4 minutes.
- Serve by spreading the mashed avocado onto your toast and layering the other avocado half in slices over the top. Top with your cooked bacon and poached egg.
K&H TipIf you want to replace the poached egg with a fried egg try frying it in coconut oil – it’s utterly delicious!
Share this Post