I had to remind myself that this was nutritious when I was eating it as it is basically like eating a pudding for breakfast. There is very little prep required so you could easily make it first thing and do the rest of your morning routine while it is in the oven.
As well as being a good source of dietary fibre, oats contain slow release complex carbohydrates which will keep you full until lunch time.
“Oats, via their high fiber content, are known to help remove cholesterol from the digestive system that would otherwise end up in the bloodstream” (1)
- 50g gluten free rolled porridge oats or rice flake porridge (uncooked)
- 1 large egg
- 100g full fat yoghurt
- 100g raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 tablespoon of raw honey
- 1 teaspoon of Lingonberry Powder (optional)
- 2 tablespoons yoghurt to serve
- In a bowl mix together the oats, egg, yoghurt, honey and lingonberry powder if using.
- Add your raspberries and stir until evenly distributed throughout the oats.
- Transfer to a small oven proof dish and bake in the centre of the oven for 35 minutes set to 180 degrees.
- Remove from the oven, transfer to a bowl and serve with a couple of tablespoons of yoghurt.
K&H TipThis is so versatile – you can add any fruit combinations.
Share this Post