A breakfast bowl of pure goodness! And you can make half of it the day before!
“The protein in chia contains all nine essential amino acids, making it a ‘complete’ protein. This is incredibly rare for a plant based source of protein. Amino acids are the building blocks of our bodies, and are essential for healthy muscles, hair, skin and nails.” (1)
- 4 table spoons chia seeds
- 200ml milk (we used coconut milk)
- 1 teaspoon of raw honey
- 125g pot of yoghurt (we use coconut but full fat Greek yoghurt will work too)
- A handful of frozen blackberries/blueberries
- A handful of fresh raspberries
- 1 table spoon pumpkin seeds (optional)
- You will need to prepare your chia seeds the night before (or at least 6 hours before you want to eat it!) So, add your milk, chia seeds and honey to a glass and stir thoroughly. Cover with clingfilm and leave to set in the fridge.
- The next morning your chia mix will have set into a chia pudding. The seeds will have absorbed the liquid and will have a jelly like appearance. Add your frozen berries, chia pudding and yoghurt to a blender and pulse until mixed.
- Spoon into a bowl and top with a few more frozen berries and your fresh raspberries. Drizzle extra honey if required.
K&H TipYou can use which ever berries you have available. Mix it up!
Share this Post