A classic autumnal pudding made using blackberries from the freezer picked at the end of summer. Super simple to make and the perfect ending for any Sunday roast! I’ve made my topping with oats instead of the traditional flour and sugar mix. For a dairy free alternative you can replace the butter with coconut oil.
“Oats, via their high fiber content, are known to help remove cholesterol from the digestive system that would otherwise end up in the bloodstream” (1)
- 300g blackberries
- 350g blueberries
- Juice and zest of half a lemon
- 2 table spoons of blueberry powder (optional)
- 5 table spoons honey
- 150g gluten free rolled porridge oats
- 50g almond flour
- 50g butter
- In a bowl add your blueberries and blackberries and add the lemon juice, zest, 3 table spoons of honey and the blueberry powder if using. Mix together and transfer to a pie dish or oven proof dish.
- To make the topping melt the butter in a small bowl and then mix in your honey. In a separate bowl add your flour and oats and mix in the honey and butter mixture until combined.
- Sprinkle your topping over the fruit and bake in the oven at 180 degrees for 30 minutes or until golden on top.
K&H TipYou can use frozen fruit or fresh depending on availability.
Share this Post