Boiled eggs – a perfect breakfast – good fats and high quality protein to start your day.
I made this for my son who thought that eggs were ‘a bit boring’.
“Eggs are a very good source of inexpensive, high quality protein. More than half the protein of an egg is found in the egg white along with vitamin B2 and lower amounts of fat and cholesterol than the yolk. The whites are rich sources of selenium, vitamin D, B6, B12 and minerals such as zinc, iron and copper.” (1)
- 1 egg
- 1 slice of bread (we use gluten free)
- 5 rashers of streaky bacon
- Pre-heat your oven to 180.
- Slice your bread into 5 soldiers, wrap each piece in a bacon rasher and pop in the oven for about ten minutes or until the bacon has cooked.
- Boil your egg to your desired yolk runniness (see tip).
K&H TipYolk texture….boil your egg for 4 minutes for runny, 5 minutes for one almost set. (Timings for a medium egg)
Share this Post