Delicious Buckwheat Groats Granola made with oats, almond butter raw coconut oil.
Really easy to make and it’s a great alternative healthy breakfast for kids – a more wholesome alternative to sugary processed cereal. Our kids love this breakfast – and if yours have a particularly sweet tooth add some chopped banana, blueberries or a little date syrup. For convenience batch prepare and keep in an airtight container for up to a month.
- 150g rolled oats
- 50g buckwheat groats
- 5 table spoons of almond butter
- 3 table spoons of maple syrup
- 2 table spoons coconut oil
- Pre-heat your oven to 160.
- Weigh out your oats and groats and mix together in a large bowl.
- In a small saucepan add your almond butter, maple syrup and coconut oil, warm gently and stir until combined.
- Add the contents of the saucepan to the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Transfer to a large baking tray and spread the granola mix evenly on the tray and pop in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove tray from the oven and stir and put back in the oven for another 5-10 minutes until golden.
- Leave to cool and then transfer to an airtight container. It will keep for up to a month like this.
K&H TipGranola is great with yoghurt or with fresh fruit. You can also use it in place of a crumble topping for puddings!
Share this Post