I love oats for breakfast in winter, they keep me full until lunch time and they take only minutes to make without much effort. Great for mornings where time is short. Figs have a delicate flavour and natural sweetness so you shouldn’t need to add anything extra.
“Oats, via their high fiber content, are known to help remove cholesterol from the digestive system that would otherwise end up in the bloodstream” (1)
- 50g gluten free rolled porridge oats
- 250ml milk of your choice (we use Rude Health)
- 8-10 fresh baby figs (or use 3 large figs), halved
- A teaspoon of cinnamon
- Mix together oats, milk and cinnamon and cook over a medium heat until it reaches your desired texture.
- Spoon into a bowl and serve topped with your figs and a splash more of milk.
K&H TipFresh figs are incredibly versatile and work extremely well in salads as well as sweet dishes
Share this Post