Spinach is said to be one of the worlds healthiest foods, packed full of vitamins and iron. No need to save green vegetables for lunches and dinners!
“Spinach is available all year round but is in season during the spring (March – June). It is well known for its nutritional qualities and has always been regarded as a plant with remarkable abilities to restore energy, increase vitality and improve the quality of the blood.” (1)
- 1 slice of gluten free toast
- 3 handfuls of spinach
- 2 slices of Iberico ham (or other Spanish ham)
- 6 spears of asparagus
- Goats cheese
- Pumpkin seeds (optional)
- Salt and pepper
- Steam your asparagus for 3 minutes.
- While your asparagus is cooking arrange your ham on your toast and crumble your goats cheese over the top.
- Lay your asparagus on top and sprinkle with pumpkin seeds if using.
- Season well and eat!
K&H TipThis works perfectly well as a vegetarian dish if you leave out the ham. Replace with an egg for added protein.
Share this Post