Roasted tomato soup is a classic warming dish, perfect on a winters eve. This is a super quick and easy roasted tomato soup recipe – no need to peel and deseed millions of tomatoes.
“Tomatoes are a good source of calcium and iron. They also contain decent amounts of phosphorus, sulfur, and potassium. Tomatoes are rich in vitamin C and contain good amounts of vitamin B and vitamin A.” (1)
- 800g Ripe cherry tomatoes
- 400g tin of cherry tomatoes
- 3 small carrots
- 1 red onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 litre of vegetable or chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons of tomato puree
- 1.5 teaspoons of Balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of mixed herbs
- 1.5 tablespoons of olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Cubed pancetta and pumpkin seeds to serve (optional)
- Heat your oven to 160 degrees C/gas 3.
- Wash and slice your fresh cherry tomatoes in half and arrange in a roasting tin, cut side up. Peel your garlic cloves, squash with the palm of your hand and add to tin with the tomatoes.
- Drizzle with the olive oil, season with salt and pepper and roast in the oven for 45 minutes – 1 hour until they are soft and sticky.
- Meanwhile peel and chop your onion and carrots. Add a dash of olive oil to a large pan and cook the chopped veg on a medium heat until soft – about 15 minutes.
- Once soft, add the tin of cherry tomatoes and the tomato puree and cook for 10 minutes more.
- Remove roasted tomatoes from the oven when cooked and add to your pan – including the garlic.
- Stir well, pour in your stock, balsamic vinegar, mixed herbs and cover and simmer for 20-30 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and using a hand held stick blender blitz the soup until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve into bowls.
- We’ve topped our roasted tomato soup with fried pancetta cubes and pumpkin seeds.
Eat! This roasted tomato soup will keep in the fridge for a few days if you have any spare! Want some more healthy ideas for lunch? Click here.
K&H TipThe antioxidant found in tomatoes is called Lycopene and is red in pigment. So choose the reddest tomatoes for the highest quantities of Lycopene!
Share this Post