An extremely easy cookie full of cinnamon deliciousness!
“…cinnamon is one of the most delicious and healthiest spices on the planet. It can lower blood sugar levels, reduce heart disease risk factors, and has a plethora of other impressive health benefits.” (1)
- 160g oats (we use gluten free rolled oats)
- 2 table spoons of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- 5 table spoons of honey (we use Hilltop)
- 6 table spoons of melted coconut oil
- Melt your coconut oil over a low heat.
- Add oats, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg to a bowl and mix.
- Add your melted coconut oil and honey and mix again.
- The mixture will become sticky but won’t come together like a dough so don’t expect it to!
- Scoop up spoonfuls of the oat mix and form into discs on a piece of baking parchment on a baking tray. Don’t worry if they don’t look like they are sticking together – the baking will sort that out!
- Bake in the centre of the oven at 160 for ten minutes.
- Leave to cool completely and then eat!
Makes 6 cookies.
Eat or store in an airtight tin.
K&H TipA brilliantly simple recipe to do with children!
Share this Post