A classic! Normally fully loaded with caster sugar. These taste better and just as indulgent but don’t have the huge sugar content.
- 220g gluten free plain flour
- 4 eggs
- Pinch of salt
- 400ml milk (we use coconut)
- 150ml water
- 3 table spoons of lemon juice
- 3 table spoons of orange juice
- 3 table spoons of honey
- Coconut oil, for frying
- Mix together the flour and salt in a large bowl or free standing mixer.
- Make a well in the centre and crack in your eggs.
- Mix well stopping half way through to scrape down the sides of the bowl and mix again.
- Slowly add your milk and water until fully incorporated, you will have a thin batter. If you find you have lumps you can pass the mixture through a sieve at this point.
- Heat a large non stick frying pan and add a table spoon of coconut oil.
- Pour enough batter into the frying pan to just about cover the pan. Cook for about two minutes and then jiggle the pan – if the pancake becomes loose it is ready to flip!
- Meanwhile, combine your lemon and orange juices and honey into a small saucepan and heat. Simmer for about 5 minutes until it becomes syrupy. Taste, and add more honey or juice if required.
- Serve folded into triangles and drizzle your warm syrup over the top.
K&H TipThis makes a good quantity of batter and it will keep in the fridge for a couple of days.
Share this Post