Usually granola contains oats but this is a grain free granola which is gluten free, dairy free and low carb.
“A paleo diet…. is based on the notion that for optimal health, modern humans should go back to eating real, whole unprocessed foods…” (1)
- 100g pumpkin seeds
- 100g sunflower seeds
- 100g coconut chips
- 200g pecans
- 200g flaked almonds
- 200g dried apricots, chopped
- 3.5 table spoons of ground cinnamon
- 4 table spoons honey (we use Hilltop Honey)
- 4 table spoons of maple syrup
- 3 table spoons of coconut oil, melted
- Pre-heat your oven to 160.
- Weigh out all of your dried ingredients, except for the apricots, and mix together in a large bowl.
- Add your honey, maple syrup and coconut oil to the bowl, mix well and transfer to a large baking tray – you may need to use two. Spread the granola mix evenly on the tray and pop in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove tray from the oven and add your chopped apricots and mix again. Put back in the oven for another 10-15 minutes. All ovens vary so keep an eye on it at this point. Your granola should be golden.
- Scrape off the tray onto a plate to cool and then transfer to an airtight container. It will keep for up to a month like this.
K&H TipGranola is great with yoghurt or with fresh fruit. You can also use it in place of a crumble topping for puddings!
Share this Post