Mushrooms – raw, stir fried, grilled, baked…but never BOILED! My favourite way to eat them is fried well and served on buttery toast with lemon and salt and pepper – lemon works extremely well with mushrooms and they absorb the flavour brilliantly.
“Mushrooms are the leading source of the essential antioxidant selenium in the produce aisle. Antioxidants, like selenium, protect body cells from damage that might lead to chronic diseases. They help to strengthen the immune system, as well” (1)
- 2 slices of gluten free toast
- 200g mushrooms
- Juice of half a lemon
- Salt and pepper
- Coconut oil for frying
- Wash and slice your mushrooms.
- Heat a table spoon of coconut oil in a frying pan and cook your mushrooms until golden and the edges turn crispy – about ten minutes.
- Turn the heat up high and squeeze in the lemon juice – the mushrooms will sizzle for a moment.
- Season well with black pepper and salt and serve on toast.
K&H TipIf you want additional protein or good fats add an egg for a large meal.
Share this Post