This beautiful quinoa salad is perfect for lunch or snack. Quinoa is often confused as a grain because it is a great alternative to rice or couscous but actually it is a seed, gluten free and low carb.
- 150g cooked quinoa
- x 1 small red onion, chopped
- x 1 red pepper, deseeded and cubed
- x 2 small carrots, grated
- x 1 celery stick, sliced
- Handful of cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- Handful of rocket
- Juice and zest of one lemon
- 1 teaspoon of bouillon
- Flaked almonds
- Coconut Oil
- Heat 1 table spoon of coconut oil in a large frying pan and add the onion, celery and pepper.
- Fry for 5-10 minutes until soft and stir in the cooked quinoa.
- Fry for a minute more and then remove from the heat.
- Add the lemon juice, zest and bouillon and mix well.
- Add the cherry tomatoes and grated carrot.
- Serve into bowls and top with a handful of rocket and flaked almonds.
K&H TipMake ahead or make a big batch as it keeps well in the fridge overnight.
Share this Post