This is my all time favourite salad. Brilliant as a lunch on its own or as a side dish to a summer supper or bbq. Not only does it look beautiful but the flavours are clean and fresh. A good amount of flat leaf parsley is used to make this which rich source of vitamins A, C and K – assisting bone strengthening and the immune system. Quinoa Tabouleh salads have a lively and fresh middle eastern flavour but I’ve given this a bit more bite with the addition of well seasoned quinoa – this salad is perfect if you’re looking for nutrient dense foods that are packed with amino acids and whole food vitamins.
“Parsley is the world’s most popular herb. It derives its name from the Greek word meaning “rock celery” (parsley is a relative to celery). It is a biennial plant that will return to the garden year after year once it is established.” (1)
- 100g cucumber
- 150g tomatoes
- 30g radish
- 1 red pepper
- 30g mint
- 30g flat leaf parsley
- Small bunch of spring onions
- 60g cooked quinoa, cold
- Juice of one large lemon
- 4 table spoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Cook your quinoa according to the packet instructions and leave to cool.
- Chop up your cucumber, tomatoes, radish, pepper, spring onions, mint and parsley and mix together in a bowl.
- Add your lemon juice, olive oil, quinoa and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve into bowls and eat or keep for a day or two in the fridge.
K&H TipYou can use which ever salad vegetables you have in the fridge – this is a great way to use things up!
Share this Post