A perfect tea time treat, breakfast on the go or school run snack solution! Muffins usually contain a fair amount of refined sugar but this recipe uses coconut palm sugar, a sugar substitute made from the sap of the coconut tree. We also use half a teaspoon of Xanthan gum which improves crumb structure where gluten is absent in baking, it’s completely optional but makes for a better bake when using gluten free flour.
- 110g butter (or non dairy alternative)
- 110g plain gluten free flour
- 50g coconut palm sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1.5 teaspoons of baking powder
- 0.5 teaspoon of xanthan gum (optional)
- 120g fresh raspberries
- Pre-heat your oven to 180 and line a muffin tin with cases.
- Cream together the sugar and butter until pale and fluffy.
- Beat your eggs together for a few seconds in a separate bowl and add slowly to your butter and sugar. Mix until incorporated.
- Stir in your flour, baking powder and xanthan gum (if using) and mix until smooth.
- Add half your raspberries to the mix and divide evenly between muffin cases – filling to about two thirds full.
- Lastly stud the tops of your muffins with the remaining raspberries (4 or 5 on each) and pop into the oven for about 20-25 minutes.
- Leave to cool in the tin for 5 minutes before removing. These are delicious warm!
Makes 8 large muffins.
K&H TipIf you want more either double the recipe or use smaller cake cases.
Share this Post