Who says you can’t have pancakes for lunch? These savoury drop scones work brilliantly as a big breakfast or brunch/lunch.
- 200g gluten free flour
- 1.5 teaspoons of baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- 300ml milk (we use coconut milk)
- Small bunch spring onions, chopped – white bits only
- Coconut oil for frying
- 2-3 rashers of streaky bacon
- Half an avocado
- Feta for crumbling
- Over a medium heat fry your chopped spring onions in a little coconut oil until just cooked.
- Next, mix together the flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl or free standing mixer.
- In a separate bowl beat the egg into the milk for a few seconds.
- Make a well in the centre of your flour and slowly add the milk and egg a little at a time until you have a thick batter, ensure there are no lumps but do not over mix.
- Stir your spring onions into your batter and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large non stick frying pan and add a table spoon of coconut oil.
- Drop large spoonfuls of the batter into the pan to make the pancakes and cook for about 3 minutes on each side – try to make sure that the onions are evenly distributed over the surface of the pancake.
- Meanwhile fry/grill your bacon until crispy and slice your avocado.
- Serve your pancakes in a stack with your bacon, avocado and crumble feta over the top.
K&H TipThese pancakes keep well once cooked and can be reheated a couple of days later.
Share this Post