A delicious one tray, easy cook chicken dish. Chicken is one of the best sources of lean animal protein and a very versatile meat that pairs well with a whole host of flavours. This is a great dish that can be made ahead and eaten cold or put in the oven and forgotten about while you get on with something else!
“Thyme…..this popular herb grows in Europe, especially the Mediterranean, and is a member of the mint family… There are many different varieties, but the most readily available in the UK are the common or ‘garden’ thyme, and lemon thyme…both types work well with Mediterranean vegetables, eggs, pork, lamb, fish and game. It’s quite hardy, so can withstand long cooking times.” (1)
- x 8 Chicken drumsticks/legs
- 1 tablespoon of Hilltop Thyme honey
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- A couple of sprigs of fresh thyme or a teaspoon of dried thyme
- A sprinkle of garlic salt
- Pre-heat your oven to 180.
- Place your chicken legs into a bowl, add your coconut oil and honey and toss well to ensure the chicken is coated evenly.
- Place the chicken into a roasting tray skin side up and sprinkle with garlic salt.
- Scatter your thyme over the top and cook for 35-40 minutes or until cooked through – turning your chicken half way through cooking.
K&H TipThis is a great one to eat cold the next day – perfect for picnics!
Share this Post