Super quick and filling warm winter salad, protein rich to fuel your body for a busy afternoon.
“Broccoli is high in many nutrients, including fiber, vitamin C, vitamin K, iron and potassium. Broccoli also contains more protein than most other vegetables.Tomatoes are a good source of calcium and iron. They also contain decent amounts of phosphorus, sulfur, and potassium.” (1)
- x 1 chicken breast
- A couple of handfuls of kale
- A handful of broccoli (we used purple sprouting)
- x 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- A thumb sized piece of ginger, peeled and finely sliced
- Tamari or other gluten free soy sauce
- Coconut Oil for frying
For the dressing
- x 3 table spoons olive oil
- x 1 table spoon of tahini
- x 1 teaspoon honey (raw preferably)
- x 1 lemon, juice and zest
- First make the dressing by combing the olive oil, tahini, honey, lemon juice and zest in a small bowl.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan, slice the chicken breast and add to the pan.
- While the chicken is cooking bring a pan of water to the boil and blanch the broccoli and kale and drain.
- Remove chicken from pan and add the garlic and ginger, allow to fry for one minute and add the broccoli and kale.
- Stir fry for 3-4 minutes and add your chicken back in.
- Stir in your dressing and mix well. Just before serving add a dash of tamari.
- Serve into bowls and enjoy!
Eat immediately while warm.
K&H TipThis salad would work well with pork, steak or fish too!
Share this Post